- Summer workshop for 8 weeks (through AUGUST 2015) in Orlando Florida
- After school session seminole county Florida
- Ages children 6-12 and teens 13-17
- All supplies are included
- Students keep what they’ve made
- Sewing class students model their creations in our Fashion Show!
- Please read our policy prior to registration
Camps for Kids & Teens
Spend a fantastic week at Children fashion workshop learning fashion design and sewing! We offer specialty camps as well as compressed camp versions of our optimized fashion design and sewing curriculum.
How do sustainable! camps work?
- Most camps run Monday to Friday in the AM (9-12) or PM (1-4) or Full Day (9-4)
- Student:Instructor ratio is 7:1 or less
- Camps are designed for kids and teens 4th Grade and above, except for Junior camps which
are designed for those entering 2nd & 3rd Grades in the fall
- Junior Camps are a fun mix of machine sewing, hand sewing, and textile crafts
- Boys are welcome at all camps and all curriculum content includes great options for boys
with the exception of sewnow! 223(beach camp) and 399 (fashion kit)
- If the schedule does not work for you, please give us a call, there may be other options
available and we often add new classes as the program fills up.
- All summer camp registrations include camper participation and guest tickets for our fabulous end-of-summer fashion show young designer boutique on Sunday August 23rd 2015!
What camp should I take?
A. If you are new to machine sewing.
The best camp to take is either the half-day ! 101 camp or the full-day Beginner Fashion Sewing camp - these are for kids and teens who are new to machine sewing and it gets them off to a perfect start. If kids are entering 2nd or 3rd grade in the fall, they should take the Junior 100 class which covers similar skills.
B. If you have taken sewing! 101 or equivalent.
If you've made at least one outfit! 101 or have solid sewing experience with all the basics, the right camp for you is sewnow! 201 camp, Summer Fun 232 Quilting, Summer Fun 223 Beachwear, or Summer Fun 251 Textile design camp. If you have graduated from 101 and want to take Fashion Kit, you can take our Advance sewing workshop which will cover the 201 skills needed for these camps. Or, better yet, join us for the pre-requisite class before camp starts.
C. If you have taken fashion design & sketching! 201 or equivalent.
If you've graduated from sewnow! 201 (camp or class) or have equivalent experience (i.e. know how to use the serger/overlocker, lay out a pattern on grain, make hems, buttonholes, and waistbands or have taken our 201 Sewing Skills Workshop) then you are ready for our 200 level and Fashion Kit camps.